Category Archives:


There are six members of a Fort Washington family undergoing hyperbaric treatment at Baltimore Shock Trauma. This includes the five family members transported there this morning and a 2 year old child that originally was transported to Children’s Hospital earlier in the evening. For additional information about this incident and the remarkable chain of events […]

Neighbors Alarm Alerts Firefighters to Female Suffering from CO Exposure

Entry Img

MEDIA CONTACT: Mark E. Brady, Chief Spokesperson, 240-508-7930 A New Carrolton woman is very fortunate this afternoon thanks to an activated carbon monoxide (CO) alarm in a neighbor’s apartment. At about 12:45 pm, Monday, December 12, Firefighter/Medics from the West Lanham Hills Fire/EMS Station #828 were dispatched to investigate a CO alarm sounding in an […]

Family Sickened by CO from Generator Inside Home

At about 7:45 am, Friday, October 15, 2010, Prince George’s County Firefighter/Medics from Silver Hill Fire/EMS Station #829 were dispatched to check on the welfare of an adult male that requested his neighbor call 911. Firefighter/Medics arrived at the single family home in the 3500 block of 29th Avenue in Temple Hills to find a […]

Carbon Monoxide Suspected in Death of Three

MEDIA CONTACT: Mark E. Brady, Chief Spokesperson, 240-508-7930 Prince George’s County Firefighters and Paramedics made a disturbing discovery in a Hyattsville home after responding to a possible carbon monoxide (CO) incident this morning. At about 9:00 am, Sunday, May 30, 2010, Fire/EMS units responded to a 2-story, with basement, single family home in the 5600 […]

Firefighter/Medics Return to Bowie Home and Install CO Alarm

Entry Img

Contact: Mark E. Brady, Chief Spokesperson, 240-508-7930 On the morning of Thursday February 25, 2010, Bowie resident Naila Ferkic awoke and prepared to get ready for work. She did not feel well, perhaps the flu, she thought. She called her work to say she would not be in and lay back down. Later that morning, […]