Category Archives:

Fort Washington Family Overcome by Carbon Monoxide

MEDIA CONTACT: Mark E. Brady, Chief spokesperson, 240-508-7930, mebrady@co.pg.md.us A Fort Washington family was found unconscious in their home suffering from exposure to carbon monoxide (CO).  At about 12:30 am, Tuesday February 7, officials from Children’s National Medical Center contacted the Fire/EMS Department’s 24 hour Watch Office.  Doctors were treating a young child at their […]

Neighbors Alarm Alerts Firefighters to Female Suffering from CO Exposure

Entry Img

MEDIA CONTACT: Mark E. Brady, Chief Spokesperson, 240-508-7930 A New Carrolton woman is very fortunate this afternoon thanks to an activated carbon monoxide (CO) alarm in a neighbor’s apartment. At about 12:45 pm, Monday, December 12, Firefighter/Medics from the West Lanham Hills Fire/EMS Station #828 were dispatched to investigate a CO alarm sounding in an […]

Fire Chief Issues Warning After Another Family is Exposed to CO from Gasoline Generator

For the second time since the winter storm; a family was overcome by carbon monoxide (CO) as a result of operating a gasoline generator in their home. At around 8:00 PM, Sunday, February 7, 2010, a 911 call was received from an occupant of a home in the 7900 block of Hart Road in Oxon […]